I hope everything is ready for your trip towards Spain and, for those who are already in Àger, I hope you are enjoying the training week!
I know many of you have visited this part of Spain a couple of times, but -just in case- I have put together a small package with information with suggestions regarding activities and places to go or visit thinking it could be handy...
There is a small market called "Can Negre" located on Àger's main street ("Font" street), just after the sharp curve going uphill towards the main square. It is on the right hand side (driving up) just across the "lowered" parking place.
They are open from 08:45 to 13:30 and from 17:30 till 20:30
Keep in mind that "eating times" in Spain are definitely in a different time zone as the rest of Europe. Lunch will be served from 13 to approximately 14:30 or 15:00 and dinner will NOT be served before 20:30!!
Usually in touwn you can get:
- a full "menú" (2 courses + desert and, for lunch, it includes a drink)
- a "plat combinat" (one main dish with salad and fries on the side)
My favorite restaurants, besides eating at the camping are "Lo Poble" and "Casa Xalets", both on the town's main street ("Font") after the sharp curve.
In town there is a small souvenir shop, but if you are interested in buying local wine and locally produced olive oil, you could go directly to Os de Balguer, a town about 20min away from Àger (take C-12 towards Balaguer and you will see the signs for a right hand turn) to the "Moli de Pau" where you will find very nice olive oil and other local products that could be nice to take back home as presents or to enjoy after your trip!
More info about this place will be available during the comp.
- Public swimming pool next to the Camping Àger will be free for pilots (with their official comp ID card) and it costs 3eur for adults annd 2eur for kids.
- For those staying at the Camping Àger,there is a small pool at the back.
- " Pantany de Canelles" is a water reservoir in Corçà. Driving out of the Camping, take a right like driving back to Balaguer then about half a kilometer there is a right turn going to Agulló/Corçà. Follow the road and once in the town you will find signs to the "Pantany"
- The lake near the train station, maybe many of you already know it. Driving out of the Camping, take a left, like going towards Tremp; about 5 minutes later you will see the train station on the left side ("Estació") and a right hand small entrance, take it and you will see a small parking lot; leave your car there and follow the path to the bridge/stairs.
Some links where you can find information about other activities :
Kayak, visiting the canyon & more...
Bike rental and gloves sale!